Between the flu and travel my blog has fallen by the wayside. With the Superbowl upon us, I thought today would be a great day to dive back into blogging about healthy food options. Today is a day about good food, friends and football. Most parties will be serving traditional fares like wings, pizza, chips and dips. Here’s five fun ideas to incorporate slightly more healthy (still tasty) options into your Superbowl party.
1) Mini- footballs (Dark chocolate covered strawberries) Dip strawberries in melted dark chocolate and freeze until chocolate is solid. Decorate with white icing. Thanks Molly for this great idea and photo!
2) Quinoa Meat(less) Balls – Add 1 10 oz jar of chili sauce and 1 10 oz jar of grape jelly to a crock pot. Warm and stir until well blended. Add Quinoa Balls and cover with sauce. Simmer in crock pot and serve to guests.
3) Zucchini Fries – Try this great recipe from health.com. Vitamin C rich fries with half the calories.
4) Here’s a great reduced-calorie and fat recipe for the traditional 7-layer dip.
5) For something sweet & easy make Fruit Kebabs. Kids love them and it’s a great way to slip something healthy in with all the other snacks.
Enjoy the game or if you are like me, the commercials!